Saturday

Penultimate rotation down to Chad

So it's back to work.... this time at the rig for a full 3 weeks.
This is how my desk looks at Rig 342 : communications satellite phone/ internet connection, the mud-logging laboratory LAN, Esso computer on their LAN, and my local laptop & printer.With a Digital radio (satellite on roof), and one-channel TV (linked to whatever the drilling supervisor has on his satellite). Wires everywhere!!!




This is my office back down in Kome, where I do all the post-well reporting.

Bright, air-conditioned and fairly sterile.




It's in contrast to the porta-cabin, insects & noise at the rig.

I was going to leave the girls cuffed while I was away in Africa.
But Sadie (L) had to get back her John, and then work & sign-language etc...
BUT, young Lucy Lips (R) had to get back to her work & wedding on the 26th.

That's today Lucy.........
Congratulations Lips!



No comments: