Tuesday

I had a slightly eventful journey down here......firstly the bloody expensive ticket that normally waits for me at a desk in Malta airport was only a reservation, and hadn't been paid for.



So I coughed £m1985.34 up for just the SINGLE journey to N'Djamena, business class.
That's a $6150 price tag or £3000+ sterling!!!

Which will take me some time to get back.....it seems that it had been paid for in Houston, but that fact (ie. the Ticket number etc) hadn't trickled down to Malta through the Air France partnerships!


It was fairly uneventful through the usual security mess of Malpensa, and then I checked in the Sofitel in Paris - courtesy of Air France, as I had an onward flight.
Later in the Novotel in N'Djamena, I found that I'd left a really good shirt in this hotel, when I was packing......but they'll send it on to my UK address...

Business class was full of "UN/ UNESCO" people flying down to N'Djamena....they are becoming more frequent nowadays!
There were some delays in going down to Kome on the lunchtime plane, as it was in Douala instead of N'Djamena ........ finally I arrived in the office in the drilling camp at 6pm.....

That's almost exactly 2 1/2 days after setting off from Qala.



No comments: