Friday

I found this political map of Chad on the French website www.izf.net which has information about all the old French African ex-colonies.

If you look in the bottom left-hand corner (orange section), I just crossed the Lagone river yesterday coming south through Moundou on my way back to Kome base.


And here I am, doing some reports as usual, and trying to finalise everything before my relief, Sonny Pigula, gets here at 2am tomorrow morning!!

So I have about more 20 hours of keeping an eye on this Mangara well. We are just starting to "sidetrack" this morning.

We left a 55ft lump of stuck drill string down at the bottom of the hole, and have now set a cement 'plug' for 200+ ft on top of this.
Now we're drilling out from the top of this plug, in an attempt to get past the metal "fish", as we call it.

No comments: