Friday

Still blowing bubbles...in my head




This Blog will start with a recent or distant memory...and then maybe some diary stuff.

This picture is of Jean and myself at a bar on the Avenue St Michel 20 months ago. Wandering down Rue Mouffetard, through The Latin Quarter, past the famous colleges.



Lunch on the Ile St Louis, followed Batteaux Mouche from the Pont Neuf. Then we headed back to our Latin quarter hotel....via a bottle of Veuve in a student type bar on the way back, some shopping on Ave St Michel...for Jean....and past the Luxembourg gardens...only to find a bar at the end of a long day......this is us tired.....and enjoying some more bubbly

I am still "geologizing" for Exxon Mobil in Chad, and enjoying the benefits of:
  • Rejuvenating my liver to "almost new" every second month
  • Keeping out of trouble generally, or becoming too disolute, and keeping my declining mind alive.
  • Keeping out of my loved one's hair.... abscence makes the heart grow fonder etc
  • Racking up the airmiles for a couple of first class freebies once a year!
  • The only problem is all this travelling, and the long 20 hour days that I sometime have to pull here out on the rig-site.
    Whatever......it still suits me.

Down here in the "Logone Orient" in the far south east, it's beautifully sunny....like June in Gozo.
Now I am at a location 3 hrs drive away from Kome, just through the Southern Capital of Moundou, where we are drilling a well in our 'Mangara' prospect.
The hydrocarbons look good, but the drilling is very difficult.
A normal well in Kome costs about $2 million to drill, but these cost about $20-25 million because of the intrinsic drilling problems.

Everyone out there ...have a great Christmas by the way!! I'll be working...........
I'll be back to Gozo at 5pm on New Year's Eve.....just in time for a quick rest.....clean up & get the tuxedo on! And out to Maji's with my lovely Jean.

No comments: